How to make owl cake pops
Today I’m going to show you how to make owl cake pops. Before doing any decorating, you need to make cake balls.
1. Bake a cake of any flavour in a 13×9″ pan and let it cool.
2. Make any flavour frosting and set aside. Depending on your cake, you will need between 1/4 to 1/3 cup of frosting. I only used 2 spoonfuls.
3. Crumble the entire cake until the crumbs are small and fine.
4. Scoop a tiny bit of frosting into the crumbled cake and blend it together with the back of a spoon. Make sure you blend very well before adding more frosting because too much frosting makes the dough extremely mushy. I used 2 spoonfuls of frosting and the dough came together perfectly.
5. Form 1.25″-1.50″ round balls and chill them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Take them out and reshape them to your desired shape and chill them for another 10 minutes. Since I’m making owls, I shaped my cake balls into long oval shapes.
6. Get your candy melt(s), sprinkles, candies, edible pen(s), lollipop sticks, styrofoam blocks, and packaging material ready for cake pop decorating.
For making owls, please watch my YouTube tutorial. I used brown candy melt, white chocolate chips (draw pupils with your edible pen), brown chocolate chips, candy covered sunflower seeds, and star sprinkles.
If you are planning on giving your cake pops away, you can wrap them up in a small clear bag and tie a bow with your choice of coloured ribbon. Have fun decorating!